Gastrostomy (PEG) Awareness
This 3-hour training provides a comprehensive understanding of gastrostomy tubes and instructs on the safe administration of a gastrostomy feed. It aims to enhance your knowledge and confidence in supporting pupils who are tube-fed.
Training covers the different types of feeding tubes, how feeds are administered and sets out the principles and safety aspects that relate to administering tube feeds. It also includes how to manage an emergency should the tube come out.
This relaxed and informative programme is delivered by highly experienced Registered Nurses with current clinical expertise in this field.
- What is a gastrostomy?
- Indications for a gastrostomy
- Types of gastrostomy tubes
- Basic principles of care for gastrostomy tubes
- Infection control
- Care of feeding equipment
- Administration of feeds – bolus and pumps
- Dealing with common problems
- Emergency management if a gastrostomy tube dislodges
- Individual Health Care Plans
- Record keeping
A Certificate of Attendance is awarded on completion of the course.
The cost is £450 for groups of up to 16 people, with quotes available for larger numbers.
The training can be delivered at your venue* or virtually, face-to-face, on a date and time that suits you.
For further details and bookings, please contact us at 020 8720 6635 or via email at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can complete our booking enquiry form, and we will promptly get back to you.
* Face-to-face training is offered to venues in London, Essex, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire.