First Aid Training Courses for Pupils
At a time when older children and teenagers are starting to exert their independence and are looking to push boundaries they will naturally take risks. Our training courses will equip them with vital skills to keep themselves and each other safe. It is also a time when they are looking to take on additional responsibilities and our courses are ideal for young people wishing to hold a First Aid certificate. It is particularly suitable for students starting babysitting, sports leadership, Gap year and applying through UCAS.
First Aid training can be incorporated into many areas of the curriculum such as, PSHE, Citizenship and PE. We also run the course to fulfil the requirements of the First Aid element of the Duke of Edinburgh (DoE) expedition syllabus. It is suitable for the Bronze, Silver and Gold awards. Our courses follow the Resuscitation Council (UK) Guidelines 2010.
Course content can include:
- Action in an emergency – resuscitation, airway, breathing and circulation
- Recognition and treatment of hypothermia and heatstroke
- The treatment of wounds and bleeding
- Treatment of shock
- The treatment of blisters, cuts, abrasions, minor burns and scalds, headaches, insect bites, sunburn, splinters
- The recognition of more serious conditions such as sprains, strains, dislocations and broken limbs
- Knowing what to do in case of an accident or emergency
- Summoning help – what people need to know, telephoning for help, written message
- Getting help, self-help and waiting for help to arrive, keeping safe and warm, helping people to find you.
All pupils are also awarded a Certificate, a pocket mouth shield (for CPR) and a comprehensive First Aid Manual.
Please contact us on 020 8720 6635 or email email@example.com for up-to-date course costs and availability. Alternatively you can complete a booking enquiry and we will get straight back to you.