Asthma & Allergy-Friendly School Programme
Schools have a legal duty to make arrangements for supporting pupils with asthma and allergies, including their physical safety and their emotional and social wellbeing.
Having a structured pathway in place for all pupils with asthma and allergies appropriately supports the pupil at different stages as they progress through school years. Evidence shows that empowering children and young people to manage their own medical conditions leads to better outcomes, and schools play a vital role in supporting pupils with this through education programmes and one to one support.
This Pupil Programme provides comprehensive training on how to set up a robust pupil pathway through the school years and includes a host of tools and resources that will support schools in achieving and implementing these measures.
Training is most relevant for the senior leadership team, SENCO, teachers and staff who are involved with pupil admission processes.
PUPIL PROGRAMME LIVE VIRTUAL TRAINING (90-minutes)
Book a 90-minute interactive live virtual training session delivered by a specialist nurse with first-hand experience of safely managing pupils with asthma and allergies in schools.
- Identifying pupils with asthma and allergies
- Creating a structured pathway for all key stages
- How to obtain an Emergency Action Plan from GPs
- Drawing up a comprehensive Individual Health Care Plan (IHCP)
- Individual risk assessments & how to complete
- Preparing the emergency grab bag
- School trips including travelling abroad (allergy passport)
- Sharing of information & GDPR
- Empowering the pupil to manage their allergies
- Identifying psychosocial issues and how to manage living with the risk
- How to build trusting relationships with parents
- Flow chart overview – how to identify children with allergies
- Checklist for pupil with allergies
- Parent information request form
- Consent form to share allergy information with relevant people – school kitchen/school transport/after school club
- Medicine consent form
- Allergy pack cover letter for parents
- IHCP template
- Emergency action plan templates
- Initial risk assessment template
- Consent form for school to contact child’s GP
- Draft letter/email requesting information from child’s GP
- TEACH instructions – how to administer Jext & EpiPen AAIs
- Information sheets that summarise information given on the course
The Pupil Programme costs £295.
A School Certificate is awarded on completion of the course. This can be framed and displayed in the school reception area to showcase your school’s high performance and
commitment to safely managing pupils with asthma and allergies.
Training is tailored to your school requirements and delivered on a date and time that suits you.
THE ASTHMA & ALLERGY-FRIENDLY SCHOOL PROGRAMME INCLUDES:
Professionals Programme: £395
Prevention Programme: £295
Peers Programme: £295
Pupil Programme: £295
Policy Programme: £295
Full package (all 5 programmes): £1,500