A management plan is an essential part of creating a safe and effective school environment for pupils with asthma and allergy. This requires a coordinated approach guided by a written policy, which must align with legislation, statutory guidance and best practice.
This programme provides training and templates on creating a robust asthma and allergy policy that includes:
- Coordination of care by way of a pathway for pupils with asthma and allergies as they move through the year groups.
- Education of staff, pupils and parents, to include staff training programmes and pupil education on asthma, allergy, food allergy and anaphylaxis.
- Providing a safe environment that includes preventing allergen exposures and developing anti-bullying policies.
- An emergency response procedure.
Training is most relevant for the senior leadership team and SENCO’s.
POLICY PROGRAMME LIVE VIRTUAL TRAINING (90-minutes)
Book a 90-minute interactive live virtual training session delivered by a specialist nurse with first-hand experience of creating school management plans for pupils with asthma and allergies.
- Key legislation, statutory responsibilities and non-statutory guidance on managing pupils with asthma and allergies
- Understanding roles and responsibilities
- Pathway for pupils with asthma and allergies
- Communication plan to support whole community awareness
- Education of staff, pupils and parents/guardians
- Providing a safe environment including preventing allergen exposures
- Developing anti-bullying policies
- Developing a managing medicines procedure
- Developing a school emergency response plan
- Management of emergency asthma kits
- Management of emergency adrenalin auto-injectors (AAI)
- Asthma & allergies protocol check list
- Asthma and allergies policy template and check list
- Managing medicines procedure template
- School emergency response plan check list
- Emergency inhaler and AAI kits – flow chart and check list
- Instructions on how to administer different AAI’s
The Policy Programme costs £295.
A School Certificate is awarded on completion of the course. This can be framed and displayed in the school reception area to showcase your school’s high performance and
commitment to safely managing pupils with asthma and allergies.
Training is tailored to your school requirements and delivered on a date and time that suits you.
THE ASTHMA & ANAPHYLXIS-FRIENDLY SCHOOL PROGRAMME INCLUDES:
Professionals Programme: £395
Prevention Programme: £295
Peers Programme: £295
Pupil Programme: £295
Policy Programme: £295
Full package (all 5 programmes): £1,500