THE POLICY PROGRAMME
A management plan is an essential component in establishing a safe and effective school environment for pupils with asthma and allergy. This necessitates a coordinated approach guided by a written policy that aligns with legislation, statutory guidance and best practices.
This program offers training and templates for creating a robust asthma and allergy policy, covering:
- Coordination of care through a pathway for pupils with asthma and allergies as they progress through different year groups.
- Education for staff, pupils, and parents, encompassing staff training programs and pupil education on asthma, allergies, food allergy, and anaphylaxis.
- Provision of a safe environment, including measures to prevent allergen exposures and the development of anti-bullying policies.
- An emergency response procedure.
This training is particularly relevant for the senior leadership team and SENCOs.
POLICY PROGRAMME LIVE VIRTUAL TRAINING (60-minutes)
Book a 60-minute interactive live virtual training session delivered by a specialist nurse with first-hand experience in creating school management plans for pupils with asthma and allergies.
- Key legislation, statutory responsibilities, and non-statutory guidance on managing pupils with asthma and allergies.
- Understanding roles and responsibilities.
- Pathway for pupils with asthma and allergies
- Communication plan to support whole community awareness.
- Education of staff, pupils, and parents/guardians.
- Providing a safe school environment, including preventing allergen exposures.
- Developing anti-bullying policies.
- Developing a managing medicines procedure.
- Developing a school emergency response plan.
- Management of emergency asthma kits.
- Management of emergency adrenalin auto-injectors (AAI)
- Asthma & allergies protocol check list
- Asthma and allergies policy template and check list
- Managing medicines procedure template
- School emergency response plan check list
- Emergency inhaler and AAI kits – flow chart and check list
- Instructions on how to administer different AAI’s
The Policy Programme costs £295 for groups of up to 16 staff.
Training is delivered at your venue* or virtually face-to-face by way of video conference. Tailored to your requirements and delivered on a date and time that suits you.
* Face-to-face training is offered to venues in London, Essex, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire.