A whole-school approach to allergy awareness includes educating pupils about anaphylaxis and asthma. When all pupils are allergy-aware and can recognise the signs of a severe asthma attack and anaphylaxis, pupils with asthma and allergies are safer in school. This programme supports schools in educating pupils about anaphylaxis and asthma.
Moreover, it raises awareness of the emotional impact allergies can have. Food allergies can make pupils stand out as different, putting them at a higher risk of being bullied. Raising awareness by educating pupils across all year groups will foster inclusivity and prevent social stigma and bullying.
The Peers Programme provides ready-to-go lesson plans and resources to teach pupils across all year groups about asthma and allergies. This education program is most appropriate for teachers and staff who deliver class-based lessons and have attended Asthma, Anaphylaxis & Allergy Awareness training within the last year.
PEERS PROGRAMME LIVE VIRTUAL TRAINING (60-minutes)
Book a 60-minute engaging live virtual training session on how to deliver an anaphylaxis and asthma education programme across key stages. Included are strategies to prevent bullying and promote inclusion.
- An update on anaphylaxis, asthma & allergies to refresh staff knowledge
- Careful communication and acting as a role model
- The emotional impact of having allergies and asthma
- Correcting misconceptions
- Demonstration on delivering KS1 & KS2 lessons for primary schools
- How to use resource activity sheets
- Demonstrations on delivering lessons for secondary schools
- Demonstrations on how to teach using an adrenaline auto injector
- Demonstrations on how to teach using an asthma inhaler and spacer
- Family newsletters
- Secondary school PowerPoint presentation and lesson plan
- KS1 & KS2 lesson plans
- KS1 & KS2 activity sheets
- Family newsletter templates to send home termly, sharing information on asthma, anaphylaxis & allergies.
The Peers Programme costs £295 for groups of up to 16 staff.
Training is delivered at your venue* or virtually face-to-face by way of video conference. Tailored to your requirements and delivered on a date and time that suits you.
* Face-to-face training is offered to venues in London, Essex, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire.