Full Paediatric First Aid (12 hour) Training Course
This 2 day programme is in line with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) March 2017.
Perfect for those who prefer face to face training delivered over two days, this fun and interactive learning programme is delivered by Paediatric Specialist Nurses.
This course also provides extended training on allergy awareness, recognition of an allergic reaction and identification and treatment of a severe allergic reaction. A demonstration on how to use an Adrenaline Auto Injector (Epipen, Jext, Emerade), prescribed to treat an anaphylaxis reaction, is included in the training and you will be given the opportunity to familiarise yourself with them.
Training is held at your venue on a date and time that suits you.
Course syllabus includes:
- Assessing an emergency situation and prioritising action
- Helping an unresponsive and breathing child or baby
- Helping an unresponsive and not breathing child or baby
- Helping a child or baby who is having a seizure
- Helping a child or baby who is choking
- Helping a child or baby who is bleeding;
- Administering First Aid to a child or baby with bites, stings, grazes, bumps and bruises, and nose bleeds
- Recognising and dealing with shock caused by severe blood loss
- Anaphylaxis and Allergy Awareness (Epipen, Jext, Emerade)
- Recap of Day 1
- Understanding the role of a Paediatric First Aider
Helping a child or baby with:
- Electric shock
- Burns or scalds
- Suspected fracture
- Head, neck or back injuries
- Suspected poisoning
- A foreign body in their eyes, ears or nose
- An eye injury
- With a bite or sting
- Effects of extreme heat or cold
- A diabetic emergency,
- An asthma attack
- An allergic reaction
- A febrile convulsion
- First Aid kit
- Recording accidents and incidents
Certificates are valid for 3 years and are accredited and regulated by the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB). Delegates also receive a comprehensive Paediatric First Aid manual which can be used to check and refresh knowledge.
£1,195 for groups of up to 12 people (quotes given for larger numbers).
Held at your work place on a date and time that suits you.
For further details on our Full Paediatric First Aid (12 hour) Training Course and to make a booking please contact us on 020 720 6635 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively you can complete our booking enquiry form and we will get straight back to you.