Full Paediatric First Aid (12 hour) Blended Learning Teaching Course
Suitable for nursery and school staff dealing with Foundation Stage, children’s centers staff and child carers including nannies and childminders.
The E-Learning module (up to 6 hours) is completed in your own time before you attend the practical training element.
Stage 1: E-Learning Module
You will have access to our E-learning module via email to be completed prior to attending the practical day training.
This fully interactive E-learning module contains videos, interactive diagrams and mini-quizzes.
The E-Learning course syllabus includes:
Helping a child or baby with:
- Electric shock
- Burns or scalds
- Suspected fracture
- Head, neck or back injuries
- Suspected poisoning
- A foreign body in their eyes, ears or nose
- An eye injury
- With a bite or sting
- Effects of extreme heat or cold
- A diabetic emergency
- An asthma attack
- Allergy reactions
- A febrile convulsion
- First Aid kit
- Recording accidents and incidents
Stage 2: Practical 6 hour training (excluding breaks)
Following successfully completion of the E Learning module is the practical aspect of the course which involves 6 hours hands-on training, delivered by Specialist Paediatric Nurses, to guide you through the practical life-saving techniques.
On request the training day can incorporate extended training on allergy awareness, recognition of an allergic reaction and identification and treatment of a severe allergic reaction. A demonstration on how to use an Adrenaline Auto Injector (Epipen, Jext, Emerade), prescribed to treat an anaphylaxis reaction is included.
The practical course syllabus includes:
- Assessing an emergency situation and prioritising action
- Helping an unresponsive and breathing child or baby
- Helping an unresponsive and not breathing child or baby
- Helping a child or baby who is having a seizure
- Helping a child or baby who is choking
- Helping a child or baby who is bleeding
- Recognising and dealing with shock caused by severe blood loss
- Administering First Aid to a child or baby with bites, stings, grazes, bumps and bruises
- Anaphylaxis and Allergy Awareness (Epipen, Jext, Emerade)
Certificates are valid for 3 years and are accredited and regulated by the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB). Delegates also receive a comprehensive Paediatric First Aid manual which can be used to check and refresh knowledge.
£795 for groups of up to 12 people (quotes given for larger numbers).
Held at your work place on a date and time that suits you.
For further details and to make a booking please contact us on 020 8720 6635 or email us at email@example.com.. Alternatively you can complete our booking enquiry form and we will get straight back to you.