Full Paediatric First Aid (12 hour) Blended Learning
Suitable for nursery and school staff dealing with Foundation Stage, children’s centers staff and child carers including nannies and childminders.
The E-Learning module (up to 6 hours) is completed in your own time before you attend the practical training element.
Stage 1: E-Learning Module
You will have access to our E-learning module via email to be completed prior to attending the practical day training.
This fully interactive E-learning module contains videos, interactive diagrams and mini-quizzes.
The E-Learning course syllabus includes:
Helping a child or baby with:
- Electric shock
- Burns or scalds
- Suspected fracture
- Head, neck or back injuries
- Suspected poisoning
- A foreign body in their eyes, ears or nose
- An eye injury
- With a bite or sting
- Effects of extreme heat or cold
- A diabetic emergency
- An asthma attack
- Allergy reactions
- A febrile convulsion
- First Aid kit
- Recording accidents and incidents
Stage 2: Practical 6 hour training (excluding breaks)
Following successfully completion of the E Learning module is the practical aspect of the course which involves 6 hours hands-on training, delivered by Specialist Paediatric Nurses, to guide you through the practical life-saving techniques.
On request the training day can incorporate extended training on allergy awareness, recognition of an allergic reaction and identification and treatment of a severe allergic reaction. A demonstration on how to use an Adrenaline Auto Injector (Epipen, Jext, Emerade), prescribed to treat an anaphylaxis reaction is included.
The practical course syllabus includes:
- Assessing an emergency situation and prioritising action
- Helping an unresponsive and breathing child or baby
- Helping an unresponsive and not breathing child or baby
- Helping a child or baby who is having a seizure
- Helping a child or baby who is choking
- Helping a child or baby who is bleeding
- Recognising and dealing with shock caused by severe blood loss
- Administering First Aid to a child or baby with bites, stings, grazes, bumps and bruises
- Anaphylaxis and Allergy Awareness (Epipen, Jext, Emerade)
Certificates are valid for 3 years and are accredited and regulated by the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB). Delegates also receive a comprehensive Paediatric First Aid manual which can be used to check and refresh knowledge.
£795 for groups of up to 12 people (quotes given for larger numbers).
Training has been adapted to allow for social distancing; and we have adopted enhanced hygiene and infection control measures and revised training techniques to ensure safety of your staff and our trainers. Held at your work place on a date and time that suits you.
For further details and to make a booking please contact us on 020 8720 6635 or email us at email@example.com.. Alternatively you can complete our booking enquiry form and we will get straight back to you.