Managing Medicines in Schools Accredited Training (3-hours)
Most children and young people will have times when treatment of illness or a condition will involve taking medicines while in school. This accredited programme will give staff the knowledge and confidence to develop best practice and manage children and young people requiring medication in the school setting.
Training includes health and safety factors, safe storage and record keeping, and a full appreciation of school staff legal responsibilities. A variety of teaching and learning methods are used to include pre and post assessment, case studies and practical demonstrations.
This relaxed and informative programme is delivered by highly experienced Registered Nurses. By the end of the course, staff will have the required knowledge to confidently administer medications safely within a school setting.
Managing Medicines in Schools Training covers:
- Legislation around medication in the educational setting
- The classification of drugs and medicines
- Importance of keeping accurate medication records
- Safety around storage and disposal of medication
- Home remedies and non-prescription medicines
- Refusal of medication procedure
- Pupil self-management of medication
- Pupil access to non-prescribed medication
- Managing controlled drugs
- Principles of safe handling
- How to administer tablets, liquids, inhalers, ear drops, eye drops etc.
- Errors and near misses – what to do
- Liability and indemnity
- Policy, procedures and best practice
- Record keeping and registers
A Certificate of Attendance is awarded on completion of the course.
£450 for groups of up to 16 people (quotes given for larger numbers).
Delivered at your venue* or virtually face-to-face on a date and time that suits you.
For further details on our Schools / Childcare Medication Management Training Courses and to make a booking please contact us on 020 8720 6635 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.. Alternatively you can complete our booking enquiry form and we will get straight back to you.
* Face-to-face training is offered to venues in London, Essex, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
Managing medication/medicines in school, training courses for school and college staff.