Managing Medication in School eLearn
This course has been designed for school staff who are responsible for administering medication to pupils, to provide them with all the information they need to know about the safe handling of medicines in school.
The programme provides an overview of the legal responsibilities and requirements for the administration of medication in schools and will provide staff with full appreciation of their roles and responsibilities.
Staff will gain an understanding of the different medicine types, categories and routes. The safe handling, storage and administration of medication in the school environment, and importance of correct record keeping is also covered.
By the end of the course, staff will have the required knowledge to confidently administer medications safely within a school setting.
What you should expect to learn
By the end of this Managing Medicines in Schools programme learners will:
- Have an awareness of medication legislation relating to schools
- Understand roles and responsibilities of medication in schools
- Understand Individual Health Care Plans
- Learn about the different types of medicines, medicine categories and medicine routes
- Learn about pharmacy labels
- Understand dosage instructions
- Learn common side effects
- Learn about expiry dates
- Understand parent consent
- Understand how to receive and return medications
- Learn about non-prescribed medications
- Understand accurate record keeping
- Learn the correct administration of medication procedure
- Learn about medication errors
- Learn about safe storage of medicines in schools
- Learn about controlled drugs
- Understand how to manage medicines on school trips
A certificate is awarded on completion of the course.
The cost of this accredited Managing Medication in School eLearn is £50 per person. Discounted quotes are given for large numbers.
For further details on Managing Medication in School and how to make a booking please contact us on 020 8720 6635 or email us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can complete our booking enquiry form and we will get straight back to you.