First Aid at Work Training for Schools (18 hours) Blended Learning
This course is suitable for those who need to be First Aiders in the Workplace in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and has been specifically tailored to include children and be relevant to the school environment.
Our fun and interactive First Aid at Work training programme combines 2 days of focused practical training with 4-6 hours on interactive eLearning.
This course includes extended training on allergy awareness, recognition of an allergic reaction and identification and treatment of a severe allergic reaction. A demonstration on how to use an Adrenaline Auto Injector (Epipen, Jext, Emerade), prescribed to treat an anaphylaxis reaction, is included in the training and you will be given the opportunity to familiarise yourself with one.
Course syllabus includes:
- Understanding the role of the First Aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection
- the need for recording incidents and actions
- use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer First Aid to an adult, child or baby casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation Administer First Aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate First Aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with:
- injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries
- chest injuries
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- sudden poisoning
- anaphylaxic shock (extended training for schools)
- Recognise the presence of major illness (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes) and provide appropriate first aid.
Certificates are valid for 3 years and are accredited and regulated by the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB). Delegates also receive a comprehensive First Aid manual which can be used to check and refresh knowledge.
£1,350 for groups of up to 12 people (quotes given for larger numbers)
Training has been adapted to allow for social distancing; and we have adopted enhanced hygiene and infection control measures and revised training techniques to ensure safety of your staff and our trainers. Held at your work place on a date and time that suits you.
For further details and to make a booking please contact us on 020 8720 6635 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can complete our booking enquiry form and we will get straight back to you.