Epilepsy Awareness & Buccal Midazolam Accredited Training Course (3-hours)
This 3-hour accredited training course is for anyone who supports a person with epilepsy and may be required to administer buccal midazolam for prolonged seizures.
The course will provide delegates with a full understanding of epilepsy and seizure management; and in the safe administration of buccal midazolam. A practical demonstration on how to give emergency medication will be carried out and delegates will have the opportunity to practice in a simulated situation.
A variety of teaching and learning methods are used including interactive group workshops and case studies. Video footage of different seizure types is also included.
Our epilepsy awareness and buccal midazolam training course includes:
- What is epilepsy?
- Causes and diagnosis
- Types of seizures (including management and first aid)
- Status epilepticus
- Care planning and recording
- Sources of support and information
- Emergency medication for epilepsy (buccal midazolam)
- When & how buccal midazolam should be administered
- Individual care plans
- Practical demonstration
- Risk assessments & duty of care
- Assessment of knowledge
Our fun and interactive programme is delivered by highly experienced Registered Nurses with current clinical experience in this field. Training can be delivered during the day, as twilight sessions and at weekends.
A certificate of attendance is awarded on completion of the course and is valid for 1 year.
Group course delivered at your venue* or virtually face-to-face on a date and time that suits you.
£450 for groups of up to 20 people.
For further details on our Epilepsy Awareness and Buccal Midazolam Accredited Training Course and to make a booking please contact us on 020 8720 6635 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can complete our booking enquiry form and we will get straight back to you.
* Face-to-face training is offered to venues in London, Essex, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
Scheduled virtual face-to-face training sessions for individuals:
- Wednesday 10th January 10.00 – 13.00
- Friday 2nd February 10.00 – 13.00
- Friday 8th March 10.00 – 13.00
Cost £65 per person
Book a place on a schedule course below.
Book onto a Scheduled Course
Epilepsy Awareness & Buccal Midazolam Schedule Course Dates:
Epilepsy Awareness & Buccal Midazolam Schedule Course Dates & Times
- Wednesday 10th January from 10.00 – 13.00
- Friday 2nd February from 10.00 – 13.00
- Friday 8th March from 10.00 – 13.00
Training is delivered via the Zoom platform.
The zoom link will be emailed to delegates 48 hours in advance of the training.
Delegates must have their camera on and participate in the training to receive a certificate of attendance.