Emergency Paediatric First Aid Training (6 hour)
This is the new basic Paediatric First Aid course set by the Department for Education (March 2017). Training is delivered over 6 hours (excluding breaks) by Paediatric Specialist Nurses and is fully compliant with EYFS and Ofsted regulatory requirements.
This course also provides extended training on allergy awareness, recognition of an allergic reaction and identification and treatment of a severe allergic reaction. A demonstration on how to use an Adrenaline Auto Injector (Epipen, Jext, Emerade), prescribed to treat an anaphylaxis reaction, is included in the training and you will be given the opportunity to familiarise yourself with them.
Fun and interactive learning using games and real life scenarios, our programmes include both theory and practical sessions.
The emergency paediatric first aid training course syllabus includes:
- Assessing an emergency situation and prioritising action
- Helping an unresponsive and breathing child or baby
- Helping an unresponsive and not breathing child or baby
- Helping a child or baby who is having a seizure
- Helping a child or baby who is choking
- Helping a child or baby who is bleeding;
- Recognising and dealing with shock caused by severe blood loss
- Administering First Aid to a child or baby with bites, stings, grazes, bumps and bruises
- Anaphylaxis and Allergy Awareness (Epipen, Jext, Emerade)
Certificates are valid for 3 years and are accredited and regulated by the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB). Delegates also receive a comprehensive Paediatric First Aid manual which can be used to check and refresh knowledge.
£595 for groups of up to 12 (quotes given for larger numbers)
Held at your work place on a date and time that suits you.
For further details on our emergency paediatric first aid training course and to make a booking please contact us on 020 8720 6635 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.. Alternatively you can complete our booking enquiry form and we will get straight back to you.