Common Childhood Illnesses Training (3 hours)
All children experience common illnesses as part of growing up. When children are together there is the opportunity for the spread of a number of childhood diseases that can be passed on from one child to the next. Early recognition of illness or infestation and prompt treatment can significantly reduce the spread of infection within the group setting.
Our fun and interactive training programmes are delivered by highly experienced Registered Nurses who combine real life experience with evidence based practice.
- Illness in the childcare setting
- Normal body temperature, fevers and causes of fevers
- Nausea and vomiting overview
- Diarrhoea – dietary changes, infection & other causes
- Signs of serious illness
- Types of infection
- How infections are spread
- Common infections – conjunctivitis, ringworm, impetigo
- Infectious illness – chicken pox, measles, mumps, scarlet fever, slapped cheek, German measles & whooping cough
- Insects & parasites – head lice, scabies, thread worms
- Reporting infectious diseases
- Infection prevention in the childcare setting
- Exclusion of the sick child
A Certificate of Attendance is awarded on completion of the course.
£350 for groups of up to 16 people (quotes given for larger numbers).
Training is delivered either face to face at your venue or as ‘Virtual TEACH’ – face to face training delivered by way of video conference. Tailored to your requirements and delivered on a date and time that suits you.
For further details and to make a booking please contact us on 020 8720 6635 or email us at email@example.com.. Alternatively you can complete our booking enquiry form and we will get straight back to you.