Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
This 3 hour training will provide you with a deeper understanding of the Autism Spectrum and how to manage children and young people with this condition.
You will gain knowledge and skills to be able to identify signs, receive a diagnosis, and help a child and young person with ASD manage their behaviour successfully.
Our training programme also looks into communication skills, the structure of teaching programs and offers practical ideas on how to deal with challenging behaviour with the purpose to improve support and reduce the stress levels of children and young people with ASD.
Course content includes:
- Recognising and understanding the definition of ASD
- Developing practical skills in areas of communication, managing change and reducing obsessions and rituals
- Understanding the diagnosis and assessment
- Contemporary approaches to communication, support and personal development for children & young people with autism
- Strategies for responding to ritualistic/compulsive behaviour and dealing with challenging behaviours
- Identify potential means of support and help in relation to structure and routine
- Promoting independence and social inclusion of children & young people with ASD
- Innovative therapies and interventions
- Strategies and tools to prevent and manage difficult and challenging behaviour
- Understanding of the causes of behaviour
This fun and interactive training programme is delivered by experienced Autism Specialist Registered Nurses who combine real life experience with evidence based practice.
A Certificate of Attendance is awarded on completion of the course.
£350 for groups of up to 16 people (quotes given for larger numbers).
Training is delivered either face to face at your venue or as ‘Virtual TEACH’ – face to face training delivered by way of video conference. Tailored to your requirements and delivered on a date and time that suits you.
For further details and to make a booking please contact us on 020 8720 6635 or email us at email@example.com. Alternatively you can complete our booking enquiry form and we will get straight back to you.